Box marked Convents Ursuline and Mercy

Accounts for the Ursuline convent regarding a farm purchase, 25 March 1907 [1 sheet].

Small notebook entitled 'Notes on our original organisation as established in January 1871 on the union of all the convents of Mercy into one Diocesan congregation', September 1898, 9 pages filled.

Printed, Ursuline Convent Sligo Souvenir Book, 1948.

Flyer advertising Ursuline Convent Memorial Bazaar, January 15, 1911.

Typed letter to the Bishop from the Ursuline Convent Sligo, 17 August 1898, regarding accommodation for boarders, [2 sheets].

Printed, Memorial to their Lordships the Archbishops and Bishops of Ireland regarding the training of nuns as schoolteachers, [1 sheet], no date.

About 12 pages of notes on retreat and spirituality on notepaper from Ursuline Convent, Sligo.

Flyer advertising the Ursuline Convent, St Mary's, Waterford Training Department, St Augustine's College, c.1898/99, training for teachers.

Copybook marked, Reply to the Bishop's circular on the training of nuns as teachers, 9 pages filled in and dated about 1921.

AccessThe Elphin Diocesan Archive is a private archive, maintained in a location which is not immediately accessible or open to the public. Queries should be directed to the archivist.
Century19th, 20th
Repository NameElphin Diocesan Archives (RC)
AddressSt. Mary’s Temple Street Sligo
EircodeF91 KTX2
Telephone(071) 916-2670
Email Address
Repository Web Address
CommentStaff of the Women's History Project constructed an outline list of the material. Due to time constraints, not all items in this repository were examined individually.We are grateful for the assistance provided by Mgr Gerard Dolan.