Box marked Bishop Coyne Convents/ Marist and Franciscan Brothers:

Letter from the Convent of Mercy, St Peter's, Athlone, 6 March 1915, regarding sitting of exams by nuns who are not now ready.

A number of receipts and miscellaneous accounts.

2 typescript pages regarding the history of the Ursuline convent.

A copybook containing a list of donations and subscriptions for the Nazareth Bazaar, 1917.

A number of documents regarding the Examination of nuns, Easter 1915, includes letter from the printers Browne and Nolan, about the number of exam papers required 3 items; 4 printed flyers regarding the Examination of Nuns in Primary Schools; Printed Memorandum on the Powers of the National University relative to degrees for Teaching Congregations of Nuns [2 pages].

4 items regarding a testimonial letter from Madame Thunder, the Superior of the Sacred Heart Congregation at Roehampton, London bearing witness to the good character of Catherine Agnes Burke, 5 May 1917.

Two letters from St Joseph's Convent, Stafford, April 1914, regarding a woman who left the noviciate.

About 8 letters to Canon Crowe, c.1917-1920, about the building of the Nazareth Convent in Sligo, and other convent affairs.

AccessThe Elphin Diocesan Archive is a private archive, maintained in a location which is not immediately accessible or open to the public. Queries should be directed to the archivist.
Repository NameElphin Diocesan Archives (RC)
AddressSt. Mary’s Temple Street Sligo
EircodeF91 KTX2
Telephone(071) 916-2670
Email Address
Repository Web Address
CommentStaff of the Women's History Project constructed an outline list of the material. Due to time constraints, not all items in this repository were examined individually.We are grateful for the assistance provided by Mgr Gerard Dolan.