|Glen Ban School Collection
|The Glen Ban School Collection is comprised of approximately 50 digital copies of the autograph book and photographic collection of Joan Miles (née Dawson), a former Glen Ban pupil. The Glen Ban School was founded by Cora Mercier. The school was located just outside Abbeyleix and was a private boarding school for young ladies. An ad in the Irish Express in 1933 described the school as situated on 34 acres and having a riding school and swimming pool. The school later moved to Dundrum in Dublin. The images were made available to Laois Local Studies through the generosity of Joan's son-in-law, Len Hodkinson.
|Collection Web Address
Resource is partially digitised.
The collection includes images of pupils, staff and school buildings from Joan Miles's time attending Glen Ban (1936-1940). In a number of cases, the names of individuals photographed are included. The collection also contains images of Joan’s autograph book, with entries made by other students.
|Laois Local Studies
|Laois Library Headquarters Old Mill Church Street Portlaoise County Laois
|Email Address 2
|Repository Web Address