CollectionMother Mary Potter, Foundress
Description1/1/7 Exercise book of circular letters, no date, Conferences by Mary Potter, 1903-1908. Included are occasional circular letters by her successors: Sr M. Philip Coleridge in 1918; Sr M Hilda Potter in 1923 and 1924; Sr M .Bernard in 1950 and 1951. Deposited by Monument Hill Convent in 1989. Manuscript, c.150 pages, 1903-1951.
Date1903-1951; 1989
NoteA specific reference number precedes the description of the document. This, together with the main reference number, is needed to call up each document
Repository NameLittle Company of Mary Sisters
AddressCnoc Mhuire 29 Woodpark Balinteer Avenue Dublin 16
EircodeD16 WR88
Telephone(01) 298-7040
Repository Web Address
CommentThe Little Company of Mary was formed by Mother Mary Potter (1847-1913) in 1877. The first foundation of the Congregation in Ireland came in 1888 when the Sisters took over the nursing in St John's Hospital in Limerick. The Generalate of the Congregation is in England where the vast majority of the archives are held.

Material listed here is held in the Ballinteer convent.