|Dún Laoghaire Corporation was established on 14 October 1930,
on foot of the Local Government (Dublin) Act 1930, which
amalgamated the Urban District Council's of Blackrock, Dalkey,
Killiney-Ballybrack and Dún Laoghaire. These local authorities had
been constituted as townships in the mid-nineteenth century and
designated as U.D.C.'s under the Local Government (Ireland) Act
The records transferred from the disbanded authorities to Dún Laoghaire together with those extant in Dún Laoghaire's Town Hall constitute the main archive of the Corporation. Also included in this list are primary records created by then Corporation from its inception until 1973, when a full-time borough manager was appointed, and records of the Dean's Grange Joint Burial Board.
The records have been divided into five mini collections in recognition of the independent existence of the authorities prior to the 1930 amalgamation. Each collection has been given the reference prefix L.A. for Local Authority, LA1 is Blackrock; LA2 - Dalkey; LA3 - Killiney-Ballybrack; LA4 - Kingstown-Dún Laoghaire and LA5 - Dún Laoghaire Corporation.
A descriptive list is available for each Collection. See link provided for Dalkey.
|Collection Web Address
Rough minutes of Dalkey Urban Sanitary Authority, August 1881- July 1899 proceedings of Dalkey, Urban District Council in relation to the sanitation of the district, August 1899-April 1901, and minutes of the Council 's Sanitary Committee, July 1901-June 1907, the Sanitary and Sewers Committee, August 1907-October 1925 and the Public Health, Roads and Lighting Committee, November 1925 -March 1930. Records attendance, receipt of reports from the Medical Officer of Health, the Sanitary Sub Officer and the Water, Dairy and Veterinary Inspectors describing outbreaks of notifiable diseases, houses unfit for human habitation, sewer and water hazards, the inspection of cowsheds, slaughter houses, milk and prosecute in relation to same. From November 1925 the Committee assumes responsibility for the allocation of council housing, road, street lighting and public parks. Meetings approximately monthly indexes not included:
13 10 August 1881-20 July 1901, includes rough minutes of the Library Committee, 18 February 1901-15 July 1909
14 10 May 1893-5 November 1914
15 4 March 1925-27 March 1930
|By prior appointment.
A specific reference number precedes a description of the document. This, together with the main reference number, is needed to call up each document
|Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
|2 Marine Rd Dún Laoghaire County Dublin
|Repository Web Address
|The information listed from this repository has been extracted from lists available in the archives. Due to time constraints not all items in this repository were examined individually. When making enquiries please put 'Archive Services' in the subject line of email correspondence.