|Dún Laoghaire Corporation was established on 14 October 1930,
on foot of the Local Government (Dublin) Act 1930, which
amalgamated the Urban District Council's of Blackrock, Dalkey,
Killiney-Ballybrack and Dún Laoghaire. These local authorities had
been constituted as townships in the mid-nineteenth century and
designated as U.D.C.'s under the Local Government (Ireland) Act
The records transferred from the disbanded authorities to Dún Laoghaire together with those extant in Dún Laoghaire's Town Hall constitute the main archive of the Corporation. Also included in this list are primary records created by then Corporation from its inception until 1973, when a full-time borough manager was appointed, and records of the Dean's Grange Joint Burial Board.
The records have been divided into five mini collections in recognition of the independent existence of the authorities prior to the 1930 amalgamation. Each collection has been given the reference prefix L.A. for Local Authority, LA1 is Blackrock; LA2 - Dalkey; LA3 - Killiney-Ballybrack; LA4 - Kingstown-Dún Laoghaire and LA5 - Dún Laoghaire Corporation.
A descriptive list is available for each Collection. See link provided for Kingstown/Dún Laoghaire.
|Collection Web Address
Reports of the Medical Officer of Health, P. Mac Dermott, notifying the General Purposes Committee of cases of infectious diseases, removal of the diseased to hospital or other accomodation, and disinfection of the affected premises, 8 August 1922-25 June 1929.
|By prior appointment.
|Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
|2 Marine Rd Dún Laoghaire County Dublin
|Repository Web Address
|The information listed from this repository has been extracted from lists available in the archives. Due to time constraints not all items in this repository were examined individually. When making enquiries please put 'Archive Services' in the subject line of email correspondence.